We are looking to fill Systems Project Manager position at our Columbus, Ohio, office. Systems Project Manager has ultimate responsibility for the success of mechanical systems deliverable, including installation, commissioning, turnover, client management and overall client acceptance and satisfaction.
Successful associate must be an effective verbal and written communicator, have exceptional time management, people and negotiation skills, be very detailed orientated and have a strong mechanical aptitude.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Understanding of CAD drawings for high-end material handling systems for distribution applications. (Applicable manufacturing experience may be acceptable as well).
- Vendor management: Tracking, coordinating, monitoring and reporting all equipment deliveries and sub-contractor schedules and performance.
- Planning and scheduling projects in Microsoft Projects
- Monitoring, control and reporting project cost
- On-site monitoring and/or supervision of active projects and act as liaison between company, customer and vendors.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Knowledge and skill requirements:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or similar technical discipline (Master’s a plus).
- Automation systems and/or project engineering experience in technical products applications (conveyor systems, electrical control systems, robotics or automation applications, packaging systems, etc.) required.
- Cost estimating experience desirable.
- Have a commitment to continual industry and product education program.
- Travel as required to fulfill responsibilities (Varies by projects)
Please forward your resume and interest letter WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS via email to Rfink@vargomail.com.