VARGO® Companies is a team of leading fulfillment and distribution center specialists with expertise in system integration, innovative software solutions and specialized equipment.
Summary of Position:
- The Release Manager will own the lifecycle of release management including planning, scheduling, coordinating and the management of releases of software. When necessary, the Release Manager will provide tools and services to help the teams manage and deploy releases into production.
- The position will also provide a level of expertise in and responsible for continuous integration, automation of software releases, build and execution of CI/CD pipelines, configuration management, troubleshooting environments, co-ordination with different stakeholders, monitoring of deployment and open-source applications.
- The Release Manager must have strong knowledge of Scrum Agile and has worked in an agile team.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and Schedule different releases based on the other priorities and impacts, co-ordinate with different stakeholders before coming to a release schedule. Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities.
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time, and that they meet or exceed expectations.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Working with QA and Implementation teams on a weekly release report
- Works closely with the Software Managers and the Scrum Master in release planning, preparation, validation, post release monitoring, and ongoing monitoring.
- Works with the System Administrator to possess technical understanding of the intersection of development and operations, monitoring and management tools, and deployment processes and tools
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Implement/Manage/Improve CI/CD tooling
- Implement and maintain Application Automation.
- Implement and maintain Infrastructure Automation.
- Implement and maintain monitoring stacks.
- Uses coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow.
- Client-facing experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in Release and Project Management roles.
- 6 + years of related progressive job experience in application development, operations, infrastructure, monitoring and database management, working with various development tools, deployment tools, build and release tools, and ability to properly formulate, code, and test logic.
- Development skills that include YAML, Bash, Python and MySQL as demonstrated by completion of at least 1 end-to-end project using all these skills.
- Toolchain skills that include GIT/Bit Bucket, Python, Maven, Jenkins/Bamboo, RPM, JIRA, MySQL as demonstrated by completion of at least 1 end-to-end project using all these skills.
- 2+ years of experience on agile software development
- Technology/processes skills that include SCM, Continuous Integration, Version Control as demonstrated by completion of at least 1 end-to-end project using all these technologies/process skills.
- Strong understanding of MySQL schema and configuration data management strategies.
- Excels in a rapid iteration environment with short turnaround times.
- Deals positively with high levels of uncertainty, ambiguity and shifting priorities
- Cognizance of security best practices
- Implementation of monitoring for cloud and custom applications
- Strengthen and continue to evolve the organization’s culture of DevOps.
- Strong written and verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Experience supporting warehouse management software applications
- Familiar with distributed systems
To apply, please email your resume and interest letter WITH SALARY REQUIREMENTS to email@example.com